Who might we be looking at as the favorites this weekend? [Note that “nb” does not mean no-brainer, but potential no-bet, just-watch and enjoy game]
For instance, I wish both the Raiders and Dolphins could win. Miami is now only favored by 2 points with the over/under setting at 38.5 combined points. There as been quite a buzz from the Oakland Estuary that the Raiders are concerned about the high humidity they will be playing with in South Florida. Frankly, the Silver & Black men are really playing against 11 Miami Dolphins on the field … the weather can’t win or lose.
Now what does Mic and No Ike think about the prevailing odds and point spreads???
- NY Giants at home (-7 and over 43.5) versus the TB Bucs
- Indianapolis Colts (+3 and over 45.5) at home against the Minneapolis Vikes
- Baltimore Ravens (+2.5 and over 46) in Philadelphia for the “Battle of the Predatory Birds” against the mean Philadelphia Eagles
- One has to take sides on the “Ohio Civil War” in Cincinnati Bengals (-7 and under 39.5) territory versus the Cleveland Browns
- In Seattle, Seahawk fans should pray for rain and an upset over the Dallas Cowboys (-3.5 and over 43)
- The St. Louis Rams will have their hands full at home versus the high-scoring Washington Redskins (-3.5 and over 44)
- Pity the poor Tennessee Titans at the San Diego Chargers (-7 and over 43)
Hopefully the best game of Sunday will be the last on TV. Root, root, root for the home team San Francisco 49ers (-7 and over 46) against the Detroit Lions.
Note that the Colts are the day’s “home dog.” (a.k.a. Underdog playing at home)
nb The week’s no-bets:
Cards @ Pats (-13.5/48)
Saints @ Panthers (+2.5/51.5)
Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills (-3/44.5)
Texans (-7/41) @ Jaguars
NJ Jets @ Steelers (-5.5/42)
Monday Night’s match up puts the Denver Broncos (+3/under 51.5) in the stadium of the Atlanta Falcons. This old Colt fan will be pulling for another 4th quarter rally to win by Peyton Manning … Just for the fun of it.
Good luck and enjoy the games!
= = = = =
[ for musement only ]
copyright (or is it, did I get that right) MMXII
Max’s Scout Services LLC