Why make resolutions that cannot be achieved?!? Thus, I am picking good things that are achievable (although numbered, these are in no particular order or priority; they are all important). Here are my eighteen resolutions for 2018:
1. Just once, when I get a bad haircut . . . be HONEST and tell the hairdresser so.
2. We can be proud about our own and loved ones’ HUMILITY. This has worked for the Dalia Lama, Buddha, and Jesus Christ.
3. TRY to make a good habit = a No Fault Attitude. Practice apologizing, even when I am not at fault. If I do it three times, it may become a habit.
4. LOVE one another more. Encourage two pairs of people to develop a more caring relationship.
5. Keep in mind my own SAFETY. As a reminder, look at my four fingers and thumb to ‘fight to save’ all five digits.
6. Pick Six . . . Do something good for a FAMILY member that is unsolicited.
7. Accept LUCK. If 7 isn’t my lucky number, obtain a new one.
8. Use the good SENSES I have going for me. Common sense is one, too. What if I went blind tomorrow? Continuing practice walking in the dark or doing simple tasks with my eyes closed.
9. Do not go more than one day in-a-row without prayer, thanks, or meditation.
10. Perform random acts of KINDNESS at least ten times in 2018. Keep track of them but don’t tell others in order to get credit.
11. Be a better sport. CELEBRATE at least eleven times this year after my favorite team loses. This is achievable because my favorite teams lose often.
12. GIVE UP something I like for a week; Once a month.
13. GAIN 13 pounds. Last fall, I was more than 20 pounds underweight.
14. E – E – E – E. Eat and exercise every day. This should be EASY.
15. Reduce ‘Dumb Phone’ use. Go a couple days without phoning or texting my best friend (of course, warn them ahead so as to not generate ‘any bad blood).
16. BUILD on Teamwork. Once and a while, ask for help even if I do not need it.
17. LEARN two new ways to cope with pain.
18. Remain OPTIMISTIC even though the POTUS behaves poorly, those around me do not experience success, and those close to us pass away.
copyright 2018 – Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas